Every company, regardless of size or industry, should establish a clear and relevant approach to talent to be led by an effective and integrated Human Resources (People) organization. Validating whether a company is on an optimal path requires an assessment of the current People team structure, skills, and processes plus development of a future-state talent strategy for more effectively connecting today with the vision for tomorrow. This work can encompass:
- Develop or redefine the organization’s talent agenda via alignment of short and longer-term business strategies; specify how the People team most effectively supports the business based upon mutual priorities.
- Review current team structure and develop future state; conduct gap assessment given skills and structure needs and develop plan for addressing.
- Assess strengths and development needs of current People team members and create development or succession plan for key roles.
- Onboard and coach senior HR leaders.
- Provide interim CHRO leadership during transition periods.
- Define profiles and performance expectations for both HR generalists and specialists; ensure principles are fully integrated into all People team talent processes from interviewing to individual development planning.
- Develop metrics to measure HR team effectiveness via focused feedback from internal clients, HR team members and observations. Create action plan for improving overall team effectiveness.